Saturday, March 5, 2011

This coming week?

CRAZY!

I have SO much to do... midterms to study for, assignments due, presentations to give.

Will there be time for sleep?

Can I get it all done?

Want to know what I think?

No, not alone..

If anything, this past week has taught me, once again, that I can not do it.  I have had a stressful week, a lot to get done, my stress level has been at an all time high for many different reasons.

But, yesterday, when I came across this verse in my daily reading, I knew that I would be ok.

I am not alone.  I don't have to sit here feeling frustrated, and like there is never going to be an end to this.


1 Corinthians 10:13 (The Message)


 13No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

What a wonderful promise this is.  I had heard this verse before, memorized it for something in fact, but I had never seen this version of it.  It brought me so much comfort. I am so thankful that God knows what I need.  It is a constant struggle with my own flesh to give my fears, worries, and failures to HIM, but I know that it is SO much more rewarding.  Every day is a learning experience. 


For the whole "beyond-exhausted-I-could-sleep-for-a-week-times-seven" 


I am resting in this verse tonight. 

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

No comments: