Baby boy has arrived! He was born around 4:30 via c-section. No other details yet.
This is an email that my aunt (my cousin Lindsay's mom) sent out this morning:
Lindsay rested well last night. Pitiocin was started at 3am and a couple times the baby's heart rate went down a bit, so they couldn't continue increasing the Pitocin. Dr. came in around 9 and gave the okay to start increasing it again. Lindsay's labs were again improved this morning, but still not normal. Dr. is cautiously optimistic that by increasing pitocin she may proceed without needing a c-section. If at any point things don't go as planned, c-section is still a possibility. Today is basically a wait and see day.
Lindsay had some bloodwork done around 4pm today. Her bloodwork looked good. So no baby tonight. As of right now at least. Keep on praying :D
If my cousins platelet count goes any lower, they will have to take the baby tonight... otherwise it will be a day by day thing. Right now they are resting. It sounds like her blood pressure is pretty stable. Thanks for praying!
If you have a moment or two to pray for my cousin Lindsay today, she and her family would appreciate it so much. She's pregnant and in the hospital with HELLP syndrome. This is what my mom had with Kathleen. It is very serious. The mom's liver and kidneys shut down. It is life/death for the mom and baby. The baby is a little under 30 weeks right now. About three pounds. They really need our prayers.