Believe it: a true friend is way more valuable than a boyfriend. The same is true when you’re 20 as when you’re 80. So while some of you may be scrambling to meet a guy or working overtime to make a relationship happen, just remember that your best friend is for life. The guys will come and go—and they'll cause a lot of drama in between. In case you need a reminder, I’ve listed 20 reasons a BFF is more important than a BF, after the jump!
1. A best friend doesn’t care if you haven’t shaved your legs or painted your nails today.
2. A best friend doesn’t make you watch boxing on TV.
3. A best friend is equally as literate in The Bachelor and DWTS as you are.
4. A best friend doesn’t booty call you.
5. A best friend isn’t concerned whether you’re Julia Child or not.
6. You won’t have to diet to meet your best friend’s mom.
7. A best friend doesn’t talk about marriage just because s/he thinks it’s what you want to hear.
8. A best friend doesn’t spook at the word “baby.”
9. A best friend understands your issues about bangs, periods, bitchy bosses, push-up bras, straightening irons, and driving in heels, because she has the same issues.
10. A best friend can listen to a complaint because that’s how we communicate.
11. When all the men have left, your best friend will still be there.
12. If a best friend puts his/her career ahead of you for even one night, you can tell the person to snap out of it, and s/he’ll agree with you.
13. None of your best friend’s Facebook friends will make you jealous.
14. A best friend always puts the toilet seat down.
15. A best friend will not only wait for you to get ready—she’ll help you get ready.
16. You never have to suck in your stomach for a best friend.
17. A best friend is fine with you wearing a dress that looks like a tent.
18. A best friend carries spare feminine products on her person at all times.
19. On vacation, a best friend can work on her tan for nine straight hours, just like you can.
20. When you’re in the mood for chocolate, your best friend is also in the mood for chocolate.