Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 2

Well, today was HOT in Oklahoma once again. I am ready for some cooler weather!

I had two classes today, plus chapel. The first one required an impromptu speech which was exciting. The professor commented when I was finished that I would make a good presenter so that was kind of exciting! I'd love to be a manager in the HR department of a company some day. Or a family counselor so I think presenting and all of the communication classes I am taking are helping me out!

Chapel was good today. I love the worship there. SNU's singing group (they travel in the summer together singing at camps and such) lead today and it was really cool. I know many people despise attending chapel but I really enjoy it. I don't feel sorry for people who don't want to be there.... you knew when you signed up for a Christian school that this was mandatory... it's good for you!

My last class of the day was the one I was dreading the most. I am a little worried about the professor; so I guess i'll just see what happens. Come to find out, the book she put online earlier in the summer as a requirement for the class is not the book that she wants to use. I don't like to procrastinate, so of course I ordered my books early online and already have them. I order them off Amazon.com and get many of them used and 1/2 off the regular price. So, I had my sociology textbook and last night I was reading one of the chapters. I looked online again, just to make sure and sure enough, the book that was required had changed. Sigh. So, I had to go to the bookstore, pay full price for a new book. I now have two different sociology textbooks. Anyone need my old one? haha.

I picked up my crimson card, which is full of places who give deals to college students. There are like 12 local places with discounts which is nice. Then I came back my room and dropped my phone. My new phone case, that I bought last week, shattered instantly and I dropped ice all over the floor. Exciting afternoon!

I decided to go to Aldi and get some food since I didn't have any in the room. I bought some water and fruit. I really wanted avocados, but they were hard and expensive. oh well!

I also had to go get an extension cord at Home Depot. My desk happens to be far away from any plug in. I had to find a 3 prong one to fit into my power strip. I didn't want to sit on the floor all semester to plug my computer in and do homework!

Well, I'm off to do some reading before I have to go to a meeting tonight.

Happy Thursday

2 comments:

Beth said...

I KNOW you will be successful in your public speaking classes. I am so proud of you. Sorry about your phone case. We will get you a new one when you come home. Love you.

Karen's Kitchen said...

You excel in the public speaking where your auntie can only talk with 4th graders! Study hard with some fun added in!! LOVE FAK