Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Patience

I was going to write this blog post about how hard of a thing being patient is for me sometimes. Like many things (ahem...being a control freak....) I have a hard time waiting on God's timing because I am fearful He won't answer in time. Since I started college, I do think I have gotten much better at this and I have learned a lot about resting in God's promises instead of my own. However, one recent example where I have had to continually learn to leave the situation in God's hand is with a summer internship.
I know I am not the only one that struggles with letting go of my plans and trusting God, but I do want to continuously become more patient!

I am nearing the end of my college career and I just need one more internship to fulfill the requirements for graduation. I have been waiting since the first of the year to hear back from a company in Wisconsin about a potential internship position. I went through the interview process and was told I would hear back in two weeks, well-- two months later I am still waiting. So, I have recently started looking into other options. I have submitted my resume to multiple places in and around Austin for positions that are in my desired field. By talking with a friend about what I was looking for, she mentioned that she knew of a business that might be a good fit for me. The best thing is it is only 10 minutes from my house!

God, like always, has better plans than my own. One would think that I could remember that the moment I started to get impatient or stressed out. As of right now, I am still continuing to wait and see where God wants me this summer, but I really do feel that this new opportunity is just God's way of saying, "I've got this Jenna, be patient."

Easier said than done, but I am so thankful I am still learning. I feel so blessed to be able to have and see a plan where all the pieces seem to fit together. I know that it was God's timing that made it perfect that the phone call I had this morning was so encouraging.

I was reading my blog feed before I started this post and came across a friend's post that was on the topic of patience. Check out Michelle's blog post to see how even thought the Israelites struggled with patience, they had something to learn as well.

No comments: