Monday, March 4, 2013

Spontaneity

...is wonderful. This weekend my sister and I hopped in the car and drove home on the spur of the moment!

Around 10:30 on Saturday morning, we were FaceTiming with my mom and she mentioned that she had dinner in the crock pot and we could make it home in time for supper. Since Kathleen was hungry, she looked at me and twenty minutes later we had gas in the car and were hightailing it out.of.Bethany. 

We really just missed these two people a lot:



We had a lot of fun and it was a much needed quick trip. We were home less than 24 hours (which meant a lot of driving in a short period) but we slept well in our own beds, had a yummy supper (and brought back the leftovers) and spent time with our grandparents, second parents, and two of our favorite people ever so it was WELL worth it! My mom and dad leave to go to Israel at the end of this week for about 10 days. We were glad to see them one last time before they left and we couldn't talk to them as easily! 

The countdown is on for Spring Break! 10 and a half days and we will be Texas bound once again!! 

For now though? I am spending Monday afternoon in our dorm study room, working on one of my many papers with the window open and a Sonic drink for motivation! 


I hope you have a wonderful Monday and had almost as good of a weekend as we did! 




2 comments:

Karen's Kitchen said...

glad you were able to go home! Now you need to come and see your second momma in WI

Beth said...

Loved that you pretty much homework free for the weekend and could come home. We LOVED having you here.