Saturday, September 10, 2011

Exodus 14:14

Tonight in my quiet time, I came across this very in Exodus. Instantly I stopped and read it again. While the content is talking about Moses, Pharaoh and the Israelites, I very much believe that this verse applies to our every day life.

The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."

(New Living Translation)

I know in my day to day life, I get anxious, upset, and frustrated over really little things--sometimes big things to me. This verse just simply says to stay calm and know that the Lord will take care of every situation. I find myself sometimes thinking I can handle things on my own, and if God would just let me have the outcome be what I would like, that everything will work out in the end. It is almost inevitable that I stop in my tracks and realize what is happening and what I'm doing. I know that God has everything worked out already, but the control freak that I am wants to do things my way. This year, in school especially, I have learned that my way is NOT the way. I am much more relaxed and I know it is because I gave every part of this year to God.
This year started out differently than last year. I pulled up into SNU the first day and prayed in my car. I let everything that I knew would worry me, everything and everyone that I knew would frustrate me, not getting the grades I wanted, professors and their opinions, and everything else involving the school year.... go into God's hands. Now, that's not to say that everything is fine and dandy and I don't have a care in the world about school anymore, but I do have so much peace about this year. I know that whatever happens, will be what is in God's will and plan for my life. I still struggle with giving even the simplest things to God in my daily walk... so everything isn't perfect, but I know the divine peace about letting God have things in my life.

The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."

(English Standard Version)


Because, honestly, it gets really tiring having to worry about the simple things. It is hard to try to control everything. It's difficult to have to feel like if something doesn't go according to plan that things won't work out for the rest of one's life. I love the peace and feeling of knowing that things aren't my worry. I struggle with staying calm. I do. But I am working on it. I have seen God do great things in my life and show me tons of new things already. I'm so thankful. If I did things my way, everything would be a failure. It's freeing. God will, and does, fight for His children. What an awesome God we serve!

2 comments:

Beth said...

all I see is weird symbols......

Beth said...

Love your post here. Dad and I CAN see a difference this year. I know last year was a 'not knowing what to expect' year. We are so proud of you and how you let God have control.