Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away...

That is what I was thinking around 9:15 last night.. I went back to GT to babysit for the Akers... I was sitting down, when Dana called me and told me to quickly pack up my stuff and get ready to head home. They were 5 minutes away and wanted me out the door. It was lightning like crazy, but I had no clue... I wasn't watching outside. Dana asked me about the night... And Dan said, ok Jenna, you need to leave now... If only they knew! To be honest, I am pretty proud of myself for making it home. I didn't think I could do it... After about 15 phone calls to my dad, whose voice always calls me, and alot of praying and singing to myself, an hour later, I walked in the door. I probably should have just stayed at the Akers for another hour til it stopped. I have never seen rain/wind/lightning like that.. Someone would think that we were in hurricane alley. I was pretty scared when I couldn't stay in my lane. Oh well. I made it home, and slept GREAT! But, I called Dana when I got home and promptly told her that if we were to have weather like this again... I would not be babysitting! It was a long ride home.

No comments: